Monday 29 October 2012

Models Own Haul

When Models Own announced their 50% off Summer Sale I got far too giddy! The giddiness spread, and resulted in a collective 60-odd quid order amongst me and four of the other girls I live with.




I've not swatched, because my nails are an absolute abomination, but below are my verdicts on my five new polishes and nail pen to boot! All of which dry within seconds too!

3-in-1 Base Coat/Top Coat/Gloss It is what it is, there's nothing more to say about this one.

Thunder & Lightening This was the one that I REALLY wanted. It's very sheer though; it takes a good few layers to make it opaque and at that many layers it's just far too tempting to peel off!

Pinky Brown Beetle Juice Love it, definitely an autumny colour for sure.

Gold Finger I bought this because of how much I love Pink Fizz, and thought it was an ideal Christmas polish. When used with a base and top coat it makes it 10x easier to remove, otherwise it becomes a bit of a long-lost scrub!

Champagne Love the colour, but even on first application I was getting those teeny-tiny bubbles drying under the polish, and the colour consistency makes it difficult to get perfect.

White Nail Art Pen It does what it says on the tin.

Oh, and my friend bought the Grow-Fast Mascara too, just to try out, and it is incredible! It makes her lashes look so much longer! I'm going to invest in one too!

4 comments:

  1. I really want to try models own - their nail polishes look so good!

    sophie-said.blogspot.co.uk

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. thunder and lightning looks really lovely!

    from helen at www.thelovecatsinc.com // @thelovecatsinc

    ps. make sure you've entered my giveaway to win 30 beauty products inc essie! it's worldwide too, click here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love thunder and lightening especially layered on top of black, I find myself doing less coats of it that way. Really tempted by other 3, not that I need anymore! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the nail art pen & I love it!im not very good with it yet though haha x

    ReplyDelete